2.5hr workshop for 7 - 10 (approx.) year old girls
Creative and fun workshop to empower our girls!
We run regular Saturday Session's each term with the idea of providing a fun inclusive space for girls to come regularly and to bond with others (who they then get to keep catching up with over the course of the term/year).
Attending regularly also helps reinforce our messages and helps cement good practices and habits that will stay with them far into the future.
Each session will be different with new craft and creative activities, plus a different topic, games and sometimes a special guest.
You can expect your daughter to:
- Gain confidence, they will meet new girls their age in a safe environment and will create new bonds over the course of the program
- Learn the skill of relaxing and switching off with a creative activity, which will set them up for later in life
- Have the chance to ask questions, discuss anything that is troubling them
- Feel valued, supported and encouraged
- Have heaps of fun!
Sessions run as follows
- Welcome and catch up on our past week
- Getting to know each other a little with a gentle icebreaker activity
- Discussion / worksheets / activities around our topic - such as self love, positive self talk, looking after ourselves, celebrating our uniqueness (topics change each session)
- Creative Activities - such as painting, bracelet making, floral wreaths, dream boards, wall art, crafting (changes each session)
- Finishing with gentle relaxation and gratitude exercise - three things that went well for me today
I was a very shy child who struggled for a long time with lack of confidence and anxiety - I am on a mission to help girls like me find their confidence early, so that they can get on with creating a life full of purpose and fun, without holding themselves back.
I LOVE getting creative and always have, and I believe that getting lost in a creative activity is so good for the soul, not to mention all the other added benefits of problem solving, relaxation, and channelling your inner child!
I've studied as a Youth Mentor with the Shine Within Academy and have a passion for incorporating what I have learnt with my passion for getting creative.
I hope to meet you and your child soon :)